Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Two bags packed

Some neat developments today:

Got to live chat on facebook with one of my dear buddies who is already in Haiti. I learned that she will be staying longer than expected and that she would be there throughout the duration of our trip. This was a secret desire of my heart and I am grateful that the Lord saw fit to put that in place. She also gave me some practical advice to share with my teammates and I did that. (won’t mention the gigantic log of cheese that the missionaries requested we put into our checked bags, or the hose for the washing machine, or the shock absorbers . . . . )

The most important thing she shared with me was that they all wanted us to know that those in Haiti are praying for our team, and she gave us a verse:


Gal. 6:9-10
"9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."


It is a great scripture to encourage us as we step out from our comfortable life here not knowing quite what to expect. I can tell you this as well; I have personally felt prayers today. They have washed over me off and on all day – so thank you to all that have been doing that – the Lord is on the move!


We are packing up tomorrow and leaving at 1:30a.m. for the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment