Thursday, October 6, 2011


October 6, 2011

Haiti Bound . . . . . Again!!

Fountain City Wesleyan Church is heading back to Haiti! After having the privilege of going to Haiti, and seeing it with my own eyes, I believe that many prayers have been answered and that something amazing is going to happen! I am so grateful that this new door is opening – for the group of people we are working with in Haiti, and for each individual who is supporting the mission!

Two teams from FCWC will be going. The first will be a construction crew in November and the second is a Medical/Dental team slated to go in February. I have been asked to help lead the second team.

Haiti is in desperate need and they cannot succeed without outside help coming in. It is a fact and a very hard one to understand without eyewitness accounts. I have shared (through my blog: http://artofmind-np.blogspot.com/) some of these hardships, but there are many. Imagine living where there are no grocery stores, banks or commerce of any kind. Where corruption continues to hold the people down in ways that we cannot even fathom - where you walk for hours to get water out of the river – the same river where people bath, do laundry, and water their animals – where there are ten of thousands of orphans and where children are starving and dying every day - that is a real part of the Haiti experience. It isn’t all of it, but it is a reality nonetheless.


I am not saying the Haitians are a weak or helpless people – they are not. They are beautiful, amazing and talented. Many, love the same Lord that we do and are more on fire for Him than any people I have ever met.
















The circumstances politically and financially, make it hard for them to get materials, food, or many of the things we think are absolutely necessary for daily living (diapers, baby bottles, dried beans, meat, shoes, clothing, clean water, vehicles, gas, electricity, indoor plumbing, building materials, etc.) but, it doesn’t mean that they are weak or unintelligent. It means we get to come in and lovingly help with the practical things that can help them move their own country forward. Working under their guidance and letting them take the lead. It is such a privilege!! It is a Godly thing too.














I consider it a great privilege to go back to Haiti and am contacting you to ask for your prayers. Secondly, I would ask you to consider giving a donation to help cover the cost of the trip. I am responsible for my own financial support and each of the team members have been asked to raise $2000.

I realize that FCWC is active in missions and that there are many trips and opportunities to give. If you have already been approached and can’t give right now, please just agree to support me with your prayers.

If you decide you are able to sponsor me financially, all donations are tax deductible and checks should be made to Fountain City Wesleyan Church. You can either give a donation to Sue Firth in the church office, Steve Mathews, Barry or myself. Please write my name, Haiti/Feb. in the memo section of your check or on a piece of paper to be turned in with your donation.

In closing, I thank you for your prayers and/or financial support. Your support for this ministry and all you do in this church is greatly appreciated.

Blessings,

Nancy Pike

Proverbs 19:17 “He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and He will reward him for what he has done.”

No comments:

Post a Comment